| Ginger Lily |
| Courgettes |
Dry earth (no rain for what, 6 weeks?) so I dug a hole, watered well, popped the courgettes in (two small flowerbuds already) and built a little earthwall around each one, for holding the water. A spot of chicken manure in the little moat (wow, another sharp smell, it's been sitting in that tub for quite a while!) and then water in a circle around it. Having found a few more pointy things poking through, I've put a bit of stone next to each, to mark their location. And then edged the bed with more wallflowers - this time Violet Prince that I have grown from seed. They might flower this year, later, but I am hoping to get two years out of them.
Coming back down the stepped path, what a marvellous picture of the double-flowered pink roses - Paul's Himalayan Musk - climbing all over the Pergola, along with honeysuckle, jasmine, grapevine, clematis... how does the structure stay up?
And a bit later, soaking the working aches out in a hot bath, another new view - yew, clematis seedheads, another single pink rose, and something else that I don't recognise!