Sunday, 22 May 2011

Moving in and moving out

 So many plants are waiting here for their own moving day that the previous owners are popping back to collect them in huge batches... such as the Epiphidiums hanging in the cool shade of the Pergola, having a little rest from the Conservatory's heat. Meanwhile my extra plants are on holiday at Lizi's awaiting their relocation. Sitting on my Patio are hardy geranium phaeum, acer trees in pots, trays of seedlings ready to find permanent homes... o, what bliss :-)
the garden
As we left, I took photos of the rooms at the old house... I haven't seen it looking like this ever really... when I moved in, there were two sorts of carpet in the ground floor receps, the kitchen was a tiny hole with a small workshop behind it, and the garden was a straight lawn & path & flowerbed edges. How small it now seems, maybe because it is empty.
dining end of the kitchen 
lovely light windows in lounge 

the deck...