Monday, 6 June 2011

Have water, let it rain!

before...
Two days of lovely damp weather, about 2 cm rain on Sunday I think, judging from the overflow situation in the butts!

We waded into the summer-fruiting Raspberry patch to clear as much as possible before the rain got at the fruit, and we got thoroughly wet ourselves.

during...
500g resulted, and about 1/3rd of the space cleared of ground elder, bindweed and the occasional bramble.
after!!
Sycamore branches were thinned too, so at least less shade over the fruit beds, although this narrowed the dripline.
And by tonight (Wednesday) all the ground cleared, and another 500g of raspberries. Tying up the canes as we go, this year I will be able to tell the fruited canes from the new ones!
Instead of eating them, I have put them into a kilner jar,
with 300g sugar and filled the jar with the 40 
Alcool pour fruits,
to make a raspberry liqueur.

Now, what to do with the Groseilles?